Monday, June 11, 2012

To Sammie, On His 2nd Birthday

Dear Sammie,

I had fully intended on writing you a heartwarming birthday letter today. I've been thinking about it for weeks and I knew exactly what I was going to say. Unfortunately, you thwarted my plans by insisting on waking up at 430 am, napping only for 30 minutes and going to bed at 11pm.

That's you in a nutshell. You do things on your own time and in your own way, and the world itself bends to your strong, silent will.

Thankfully, you've been in an amazing mood- as you almost always are- and have showered me with smiles, hugs and kisses all day. This almost makes my exhaustion tolerable.

All of that to say, your 'birthday' letter will be written tomorrow. Barring of course a repeat of today's no sleep situation.

For now, I will say this:

I love you.
More than you'll ever know.
And l'll love you even more if you sleep through the night and don't wake up until 9 am tomorrow.

With love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment