Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sept #10: Nice and Easy

Sometimes, life is full of hard choices. Lately, I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed by them.

But then, by some God-given miracle (or cosmic coincidence, for my atheist friends following along), the skies open up and something so monumental happens that all the very difficult choices all of a sudden become incredibly easy.

This was my day today.

Why, you ask?

Because today was awful. And I mean that quite literally. It was an awful day.

I had one bright sunshiny moment where I visited with my bestie and she made me feel sane again, and I got my new couches in (which was stressful in and of itself, but overall gives me a sense of happy) but otherwise, of the 18 hours that I've been awake, today has sucked for the better part of all of them.

What is it that was so sucky?

One word: Work.

Usually I love my work. But I am beyond my capacity, and I am surrounded by people who keep wanting to heap things onto my overflowing plate.

I tell them that I'm overwhelmed, and they feign sympathy...for about as long as it takes them to think up a new project for me to do.

After all, they only have me for a few precious weeks before I go on health related medical leave. (Health related. As in: I should be slowing down, not speeding up...but I digress...)

And let me tell you, all of this crappiness is actually a wonderful thing.

How can that be?

Well, very simply because I'm too frustrated, overwhelmed and exhausted to feel guilty for leaving my job for 65 weeks.  In fact, for the first time in two months, I am not only not sad at the idea...I'm downright elated.

So tonight, when I say my nighttime prayers, I will remember to thank God for giving me such bad days and reminding me that, quite honestly, some things just aren't worth the stress and I have bigger priorities to worry about right now.

This post is part of my September Blog Challenge. I will be posting a new blog post on (at least) every other day of the month, for a total of no less than 15 posts throughout the month.  The purpose of this challenge is nothing more than to push myself to continue using writing as a way of releasing energy and opening my mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment