Sunday, November 10, 2013

Voodoo Podd: Finding Sammie's voice

So, as I mentioned, we introduced the PODD system to Sammie this week.

It's a big book. And heavy. And it has to go everywhere with him.

So we thought we'd spruce it up a bit.

Sammie is now one cool cat, rocking out his new PODD Guitar.

I used duct tape to give it some pizazz and rigged it up with a Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Child" guitar strap so we can easily cart it around.

It took forever to make it look "just right", and I spent most of it feeling pretty discouraged by the enormity of having to find my way through this new tool. It is daunting to say the least.

But tonight, Jason used the PODD to ask Sammie if he was tired and wanted to go to bed. Slowly, and seemingly deliberately, Sammie tapped the image that Jason had pointed to.

"TIRED"

Maybe it was coincidence. Or maybe he was just mimicking (which in itself would be a HUGE step in the right direction.) 

But tonight, my kiddo- accidentally or not- clearly told me how he was feeling for the first time ever.

He's a little rockstar, and I know he'll be jammin' this thing in no time.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment